MAN boss Simon Elliot to depart

Date: Thursday, November 24, 2016   |   Author: Daniel Puddicombe

Simon Elliott, managing director of VW-owned truck manufacturer, MAN has announced he will leave the business in January 2017.

Elliot’s departure comes as the company is readying its first LCV, the TGE for launch in 2017. The TGE is based on parent brand VW’s large Crafter van.

The addition of the TGE, which is due to arrive in the UK next autumn, means the company will be able to offer vehicles ranging from 3.0-tonnes to 44-tonnes.

“I am leaving a business which is well positioned for future growth through 2017 and beyond, Elliot said. “The time is now right to pass on the baton.”

Heinz Juergen Loew, board member of sales and marketing said he was disappointed to see Elliot leave the business: “He has steered the company through challenging times and has spearheaded a strategy that has already seen positive results, particularly in the areas of customer focus and market-share – two of our key barometers.”

Elliot joined MAN in September 2014 and has overseen development of the new TGE model.

Speaking to What Van? earlier this year, he explained MAN would target SMEs and mid-sized businesses running a mix of vans and trucks with the new van.

He was previously managing director of VW’s commercial vehicle arm from 2008-2011.

MAN said it would announce Elliot’s successor in the coming weeks.



Share



View The WhatVan Digital Edition

Downward triangle